Why Should I Participate?
The Woods Project is designed for students who are seeking to develop a better understanding of the world around them and discover more about themselves! We combine wilderness challenges with environmental exploration into a well rounded program that is a lot of fun.
We are looking for students who:
- Are enthusiastic
- Are interested in experiencing new things
- Love adventure
- Want to improve their leadership and team building skills
- Looking for a physical and mental challenge
- Interested in deepening their understanding of the natural world and life around them
- In reasonably good physical condition- able to function effectively in remote locations
Our experience demonstrates that Woods Project participants who complete our program are better prepared to succeed in making the transition to college life. By testing themselves in our challenging, yet fun program, Woods Project students build confidence in themselves by learning they can accomplish more than they ever thought they could. For many, that confidence enhances their ability to interact with teachers and peers, and changes their attitude about who they can become.
If you are a High School student at one of our Partner Schools who can say YES to all of the above items, this is a good program for you!